Roommates: My roommates are great! We get a long pretty well. Everyone wants to be friends with each other which is a big change from my experience last year where we hardly spoke to each other. It has been really great getting to know them and bond. I feel comfortable at my apartment no matter who is home and we just get a long great! I am really grateful for the roommates I have this year.
Dating: I have been dating a lot this semester and let's hope it continues (knock on wood)! I have been doing some evaluating about the type of girl/date I am. I am working on making some changes in the way I conduct myself around guys. You might be wondering what has Kambree done to make her feel like she has to change something about herself? She must be doing bad things! I want to clear things up I have not been doing "bad" things I just haven't been treating people with the respect I now realize they deserve. I am taking a great class this semester called Courtship and Marriage. I am learning so much about myself and about healthy relationships. I have learned a lot about what I am doing right and wrong when it comes to dating and I am trying to apply the principles I am learning into my daily life because of this I have noticed two big changes in my dating/love life. The 1st thing I am going on a heck of a lot more dates 2nd the guys I am dating are extremely good looking and are good guys! I think it's one of those signs from Heavenly Father saying "Now you are getting it Kambree, so here are your blessings." haha maybe??
Calling: Yesterday my bishop called and asked if I could meet with him before church. I had a feeling I was getting a calling and I was right. I was called to serve as the Relief Society 1st councilor.!!!! What?? When my bishop asked me the first thought that went through my head was "on no I am going to have to teach!" Come to find out I only have to teach once every few weeks which is still scary but I guess I can handle it. I accepted the calling and needless to say I am extremely nervous. I am nervous for a lot of reasons the first is I don't make "girl"friends very easily unless I'm forced to. I don't naturally make friends with to many girls. I have the girls I like and I don't feel like I need any more "competition" in my circle. haha! It's not that I'm not friendly to girls but, I will admit it all girls secretly hate each other. I am praying that I will learn to love and care for the girls in my ward. Even though I am very nervous I am also pretty dang excited! I have a really good feeling that I am in the right place at the right time and doing the right things. I know this calling is going to be a struggle and a strengthener for me!
Well that's the only real blog material I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed this update on my life. Your welcome Mom! who is probably the only people who will read this. I love you!
P.S... My before and after pictures of my eyelashes. I still have a few more weeks before full results
Woot!! Made my day to see your post!!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you and your changes and calling. (Even though I didn't think you were bad in the first place!)
Congrats too on the giraffe eyelashes. I've yet to apply my stuff except once!
Love you and miss you!
Mom
well hello stranger. so good to hear from you. Miss you round here. Good luck in your calling- you will be amazing.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I read your posts, too, just months later! haha!
ReplyDelete