I'm not exactly sure what I am supposed to write in a blog but I promised my mom that once I went to college I would write in my blog once a week.... I'm not positive that will last very long but at least I can check blogging off for this week.
So I moved away from home this week. I am down here in little Ephraim at Snow College. I am liking it so far. I have been kind of board because pretty much everyone on campus is taking this Smart Start class where they go to classes and socials for the first two days before real school starts. My roommate Whitney has told me that the class isn't very interesting and she mostly sleeps through the classes, but like i said pretty much everyone on campus goes so they are all meeting each other and I am at home talking to the internet. Won't be a big deal when school starts tomorrow.
My roommates haven't really been home so I haven't talked to any of them. We have like three sets of dishes so our cupboards are pretty full but we haven't gotten together to figure out if we are sharing or not. I hope I will be able to talk to them tonight or tomorrow and get things straightened out.
I signed up for institute today. The institute teaches seem really nice and everyone on campus seems very nice. Each time I walk past someone we say hi to each other and smile. I have met a lot of people but I have no clue what 99% of their names are.
UPDATE!
Shaylee, Whitney and myself organized a roommate dinner. I brought up the topic about how we have three sets of silverware and I asked (very nicely) if it would be alright to combine the plates, bowls, silverware, pots, pans, and cups. They agreed .... So Whitney and I had a big organize the kitchen party while everyone else was out doing their own thing. Everyone now has their own cupboard for their food and all the cooking supplies have their own cupboards. Whitney and I kept saying to each other how proud our mothers would be of us. ha ha... Our roommates seemed thankful for us taking control ... tomorrow we tackle the bathrooms.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YES!!! You mother is proud!! Way to take charge and organize that kitchen. Send home anything you don't need with Whitney's parents.
ReplyDeleteI've been painting your desk and chair. I think it needs a second coat. My fingers are covered in spray paint and I can't get it off. Since it's black I look like a truck mechanic or something. I hope this turns out. I guess I"ll send it regardless as it will still function as a desk even if it's ugly.
Thanks for blogging. Someday you will be sending your daughter off to college and you will reminisce about your college days. How I wish I had made a better effort to record my feelings, my activities or just the first and last name of my roommates as now, I can barely remember. Right now it seems silly to blog but twenty years from now it will be awesome!
Love you and miss you!
Mom
I know this may sound lame, but I was so excited to hear about your first few days. It brought back so many memories of my own moving out.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a strong and beautiful person. Don't ever let anyone else treat you any differently. I hope you have tons of fun and do a little learning too. It will be so fun to be able to keep track of what you're doing through your blog. Wish I could get my mom to do it!